We’re committed to listening, learning, and doing the work to make the Festival a safer, low-barrier experience for you. To let us know your access needs for an event, please reach out to email@example.com. We also provide phone assistance on weekdays between 11am–4pm at (778) 658-0462.
If you have questions or feedback about our accessibility policies, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to receive ongoing updates about our closed captioned events, as well as our accessibility resources and ASL events, please sign up for our accessibility mailing list.
OUR ACCESSIBILITY POLICIES INCLUDE
• ASL interpretation is provided at select events, and all events on request. View our ASL interpreted events. Please request ASL interpretation at additional events with at least two weeks notice.
• Closed captions – we offer closed captions at select in-person events. These captions are auto-generated and accessible by mobile phone at bit.ly/vwfcaptions. Many thanks to Indian Summer Festival for lending us their captioning machine!
• Let the box office know your seating needs so we can reserve them for you, or arrange for you to get settled before we open the house to the rest of the audience.
• Companion tickets can be arranged by the box office staff no additional cost
• Gender-inclusive – washroom facilities at all our venues.
• Free or reduced-price – for community organizations and individuals impeded by cost.
• School subsidies – for school groups to assist with ticket and travel costs.
• Reduced ticket prices – for seniors 65+ and youth under 30.
SIMPLE TEXT PROGRAM GUIDE
This year’s event information is available in accessible simple text Word documents. Download the simple text documents:
1. Event information with full descriptions
2. Event titles and key information only (Venue, Time, Date)
3. Events and key information, grouped by venue
4. ASL-interpreted events only
Explore our Festival maps, including a printable version and an annotated Google map with venue locations and information, suggested walking paths, locations for water fountains and public washrooms, transit locations, and more.
Or, click the links below to learn more about each of our venues:
Granville Island Venues
Granville Island Stage • Performance Works • The NEST • Revue Stage • Waterfront Theatre
The Chan Centre for the Performing Arts • Vancouver Public Library (Central Branch) • Djavad Mowafaghian Cinema • Vancouver Playhouse • York Theatre
We currently offer the following types of information for our Granville Island venues:
Accessibility overviews: Simple text documents highlighting accessibility information at each venue, including parking, doors and stairs, seating, and bathrooms.
Audio guides: Information on getting to and around the venue to help you prepare for your visit, including descriptions of walking routes, lobby spaces, bathrooms, and theatres.
Visual stories: Visual guides with lots of pictures to help you prepare for your visit, including pictures of walking routes to the venue, parking lots, bathrooms, box office, and seating.
Accessibility audits: Spreadsheets detailing whether the venues meet various accessibility standards. Completed by PuSh Festival in 2015.
Granville Island Venues
Granville Island Stage
The Chan Centre for the Performing Arts
- 6265 Crescent Rd, Vancouver, BC V6T 1Z1
Vancouver Public Library – Central Branch (Incite)
- 350 West Georgia Street Vancouver, BC V6B 6B1
- Incite takes place in the Alice MacKay room located on the Lower Level of Library Square. From the main level, the Lower Level can be reached by elevator or stairs.
- Accessibility information for VPL – Central Branch
Djavad Mowafaghian Cinema
- 149 West Hastings Street, Vancouver, BC V6B 5K3
- Accessibility audit for the Djavad Mowafaghian Cinema
- 600 Hamilton St, Vancouver, BC V6B 2P1
- Accessibility information at the Playhouse
- 639 Commercial Dr, Vancouver, BC V5L 3W3
- Accessibility audit for the York Theatre