The Afternoon Tea
Host: Bill RichardsonTickets: Pay What You Can
The Afternoon Tea
One of the Festival’s signature events year after year, The Afternoon Tea returns in digital format! Bring your favourite scones and tea and sidle up for an afternoon steeped in words, including readings from celebrated international and Canadian authors making this year’s Must Read lists: Caroline Adderson (A Russian Sister); Francesca Ekwuyasi (Butter Honey Pig Bread); Will Ferguson (The Finder); Michelle Good (Five Little Indians) Kevin Spenst (Hearts Amok); and Jack Wang (We Two Alone). Relaxing, jovial and always an instant sell-out and book club favourite, this year’s Afternoon Tea remains an intimate, delectable affair.
Generously supported by the Faris family in memory of Yulanda Faris.
The Afternoon Tea Package
(Ticket not included)
Bring home the ambience of the Afternoon Tea by ordering a custom-made gourmet food and tea package from Granville Island Delivery Co.
The Afternoon Tea package includes treats from your favourite Granville Island vendors: tea, macaron, lemon square, finger sandwiches, scone, and more! $35 + shipping
- Single-cup Cream Earl Grey, from Granville Island Tea Company
- 2pc Finger Sandwich, from A Bread Affair
- 1pc Lemon Poppyseed Shortbread, from Laurelle’s Fine Foods
- 1pc Cranberry Shortbread, from Laurelle’s Fine Foods
- 1pc Handmade Macaron, from Bon Macaron
- 1pc Milk Chocolate Salted Caramel, from ChocolaTas
- 1pc Dark Chocolate Salted Caramel, from ChocolaTas
- 1pc Lemon Square, from The Lemon Square
- 1pc Mini Blueberry Scone, from Terra Breads
- 2oz Raspberry Jam, from Terra Breads
Place your order by Friday, October 16 to bring the full Afternoon Tea experience to your home!
When BILL RICHARDSON isn’t writing for children or adults, he works in restaurant dish pits and stocks (not stalks) grocery shelves. Forthcoming are Hare B&B, with illustrations by Bill Pechet, from Running the Goat Books and Broadsides; and, from Groundwood, Last Week. He lives in Vancouver.