The Vancouver Writers Fest’s annual youth writing contest is open to all students enrolled in grades 8-12 in British Columbia. Contestants can submit either fiction or non-fiction short stories.
The 2018 contest was judged by UBC professor and BC Book Prizes jury member, Kathryn Shoemaker.
- The contest is open to all writers aged 12 – 18 who are attending a school or being taught in a home-school environment in British Columbia.
- Entries will be accepted for previously unpublished short stories (fiction or non-fiction): 1,500 word limit.
- Entries are judged blind. Please do not put your name on your story, in the file you have uploaded or in the file name.
- Entries must be submitted in MS Word or PDF formats. Please use standard margins, 12-point font and double spacing.
- Winners are selected by a panel of professionals from the publishing and book industry.