Love books, stories, reading and the arts? Want to be a part of an open, accepting and inclusive community? Then the Vancouver Writers Fest is the place for you! Come join the Vancouver Writers Fest and be a part of the local literary and arts community.
Work behind the scenes with Production – help set the stage for our wonderful authors and get your workout in with some heavy lifting and a hands-on Festival experience!
Join the party with the Food & Beverage team – help Festival staff with the famous Sunday Brunch and Afternoon Tea and other Food & Beverage jobs throughout the week.
Do you love people and are a Festival enthusiast? Why not work with a partner to sell raffle tickets before events and during intermission!
If a fast-paced environment is more your speed, come help out at Box Office – you’ll be selling and distributing tickets at Festival venues, working with the public and handling cash and credit card sales.
Plus, there are many benefits to being a Festival volunteer:
- Enjoy laughter, friendship, comradery and the opportunity to meet new people and learn new skills.
- Free admission to events when unsold seating is available, on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- You might even get to watch the even you’re working – depending on availability.
- Free passage on the False Creek Ferries during the Festival Oct 21-27.
- 10% Discount at the Festival Bookstore.
- Access to our Volunteer Lounge.
- A Volunteer Appreciation Party to celebrate your great work – with many amazing door prizes to be won.
- We’re also happy to write a reference letter upon request.
Tickets are selling out fast which means we need more volunteers than ever! We would love to have you join us this Festival season.
For more details on Volunteer Benefits and Policies, CLICK HERE.
To sign up as a volunteer, CLICK HERE.