Some of the boldest and brightest ideas of our time have started with a book.
The Vancouver Writers Fest is proud to present the Books & Ideas Audio series, a diverse, powerful selection of some of our most compelling conversations, from the greatest literary minds to ever grace our stages.
As one of Canada’s premiere literary festivals, which welcomes over 27,000 attendees annually, the Vancouver Writers Fest is known for its intimate cultural programming and evocative guests. From Malcolm Gladwell, Salman Rushdie, Margaret Atwood, Lindy West and Zadie Smith to a score of other Canadian and international talent—featured in over 80 events annually—the Vancouver Writers Fest has provided exceptional spaces for ideas to be cultivated and shared since 1988.
Books & Ideas Audio provides unprecedented access to conversations which have transcended their season: featuring world-renowned authors speaking to their work, philosophy, politics and more, and led by the incredibly talented moderators our audiences have come to know and anticipate. Previous moderators have included Ian Williams, Jael Richardson, Marsha Lederman and Shelagh Rogers.
You can subscribe to Books & Ideas Audio on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Radio Public, Google Podcasts and Anchor.fm, which provides links to a variety of other podcasting platforms. Books & Ideas Audio is free to download, forever.
- Episode 5: Desmond Cole in Conversation with Barbara Chirinos [iTunes | Spotify]
- Episode 4: Margaret Atwood in Conversation with Cherie Dimaline [iTunes | Spotify]
- Episode 3: Malcolm Gladwell in Conversation with Lisa Christiansen [iTunes | Spotify]
- Episode 2: Lindy West in Conversation with Hannah McGregor [iTunes | Spotify]
- Episode 1: Marlon James in Conversation with Ian Williams [iTunes | Spotify]