THE VANCOUVER WRITERS FEST presents:
Spreading the Word Youth Writing Contest
WHAT’S YOUR STORY? Grab a pen and get writing!
If we like what we read, you could win a cash prize and have your work published in a magazine that showcases aspiring young writers.
Prizes will be awarded to the top two entries in poetry and in fiction:
- 1st Prize in Each Category: $300
- 2nd Prize in Each Category: $200
Prize Winners’ works will be published in The Claremont Review and on the Festival website at writersfest.bc.ca.
- The contest is open to all young writers enrolled in Grades 8-12 in British Columbia
- Entries must consist of previously unpublished work, and may be either poetry (any style) or creative short fiction
- Poetry entries must be maximum 500 words. Creative short fiction maximum 1,500 words
- Entries will be judged blind. Please do not include your name on your story or poem in the file you have uploaded, or in the file name.
- For each story or poem you submit, there is a $5 entry fee, payable online through PayPal.
- We will accept entries in MS Word Document or PDF formats. Please use standard margins, 12-point font and double spacing.
- Winners will be selected by a panel of publishing and writing professionals.
Entries must be uploaded and payment confirmed by 5:00 pm Sunday, October 25, 2015.
QUESTIONS? Call us at 604-681-6330 ext. 0
The 2015 Spreading the Word Youth Writing Contest is supported by the Hamber Foundation and the Chris Spencer Foundation.