Dream big and let your imagination run wild with our 2016 Youth Writing Contest! If you're a writer in grades 8-12 in British Columbia, send us your best poem or short story for a shot at these fabulous prizes:
- 1st prize: $300 + publication (in each category)
- 2nd prize: $200 + publication (in each category)
Winners will have their work seen by thousands of readers on our website and in The Claremont Review, a magazine that showcases work by young writers.
Submit your work using the form below before 5pm on Sunday, October 23, 2016.
- The contest is open to all writers in grades 8-12 living in British Columbia
- Entries will be accepted for previously unpublished work in each category: Poetry (any style): 500 word limit. Short Fiction: 1,500 word limit.
- Entries will be judged blind. Please do not put your name on your story or poem in the file you have uploaded or in the file name.
- There is a $5 CAD entry fee for each short story or poem you enter in the contest, payable online through PayPal.
- We will accept entries in MS Word Document or PDF formats. Please use standard margins, 12-point font and double spacing.
- Winners will be selected by a panel of professionals from the publishing and book industry.
- Entries must be uploaded and payment confirmed by 5pm on October 23, 2016.
- Winners will be announced by Friday, December 16, 2016.
If you have any questions about the contest, please contact us at email@example.com
THE 2016 SPREADING THE WORD YOUTH WRITING CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED. BEST OF LUCK TO ALL WHO ENTERED!