Purpose of the Request for Proposal
Purpose of the Request for Proposal (“RFP”) is to outline the Review Engagement service requirements of the Vancouver International Writer’s Festival Society (“VWF”) and to request proposals (“Proposals”) for such services from firms licensed to practice public accounting (“Respondents”).
This RFP will be posted on the VWF’s website and also sent to select firms in the Greater Vancouver area. VWF intends to select one (1) of the Respondents to provide a Review Engagement and other related services for a period of two (2) years commencing with the year ended December 31, 2017 pursuant to the terms and conditions of this RFP.
Although the contract for services is for a two year period, the service provider will be appointed on an annual basis, and VWF will have the right to terminate the contract for failure to meet any of the terms and conditions set out in this RFP.
VWF is a registered charity whose mission is to bring readers and writers together to reimagine lives and the world, through story and vibrant dialogue.
Their activities to achieve this include both year-round programming and a flagship, annual literary festival: one of the largest, and most prestigious, in North America which brings tens of thousands of audience members to see events with local and international authors during one week in October.
The VWF’s financial statements are prepared in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and are presented in Canadian dollars. All financial records are maintained at VWF’s head office at Granville Island in Vancouver.
VWF uses Quickbooks.
The successful respondent will be expected to complete the 2017 Review Engagement within the following time frames:
|1.Year End Review Engagement||February 2018|
|2.Draft Financial Statements||March 30, 2018|
|3.Finalized Financial Statements||April 10, 2018|
|4. CRA Registered Charity Information Return||June 30, 2018|
Future year timeframes will be discussed and agreed upon on an annual basis and will generally follow the above timeframe.
Nicole Nozick, Executive Director, will act as the RFP Coordinator for this RFP. The RFP Coordinator can be contacted by email at email@example.com or by telephone at 604-681-6330 ext 103. It is the responsibility of the Respondents to contact the RFP Coordinator prior to submitting their respective proposals for clarification of any matter that they consider to be unclear. VWF is not responsible for any misunderstanding or misinterpretation of this RFP on the part of the Respondent.
- Issue RFP – November 2017
- Questions submitted in writing to the RFP coordinator- 5:00pm PST November 25,2017
- RFP submission – 12:00pm PST November 30, 2017
- Appointment December 2017
Please submit one (1 copy) of the Proposal by email to firstname.lastname@example.org at VWF by the due time and date.
Terms and Conditions
- The final determination as to which Respondent, if any, will be retained to provide Review Engagement will be at the sole and absolute discretion of the VWF;
- The VWF reserves the right: to alter any dates in this RFP or to cancel this RFP at any time; to reissue this RFP; to reject any and all or parts of any and all Proposals; or to waive irregularities in this RFP process without liability, cost or penalty to the VWF;
- The VWF will not be liable for any costs incurred by the respondents in the preparation of their respective Proposals;
- Neither the lowest priced Proposal nor any Proposal will necessarily be accepted. While price is an element in the selection process, the VWF may consider any other evaluation criteria it considers relevant in evaluating Proposals;
- The VWF reserves the right to disqualify any Proposal that is incomplete or is otherwise not submitted in accordance with the terms, conditions and provisions of this RFP without giving any reason whatsoever to any of the Respondents for the rejection or waiver;
- The VWF shall not be held liable for any error or omission in any part of this RFP. While the VWF has made considerable effort to ensure an accurate representation of the information contained in this RFP, the information is provided solely as guideline for Respondents. The information is not guaranteed or warranted to be accurate by the VWF, nor is it necessarily comprehensive or exhaustive. The RFP does not relieve the Respondents from completing their own research and forming their own opinions and conclusions with respect to matters addressed in this RFP;
- All information contained in this RFP is considered to be the exclusive property of the VWF. All respondents agree not to disclose any information contained herein unless such information is made publicly available by the VWF;
- All information contained in submissions will be confidential. The VWF agrees not to disclose any information contained therein unless such information is in the public domain.
- be licensed to practise public accounting;
- be demonstrably independent of VWF;
- have experienced knowledge of Quickbooks;
- demonstrate a commitment to providing reasonable annual continuity of experienced and qualified personnel; and
- commit to meeting all reporting deadlines
Contents of Proposal
Respondents should submit Proposals that are clear and concise and, without limiting their responses, include:
- confirmation that all terms and conditions in the RFP have been met;
- confirmation that all eligibility requirements have been met;
- a commitment to meeting annual reporting deadlines;
- an outline of fees and estimated out of pocket expenses for each of the years 2017 and 2018; and
- a draft of the Engagement letter/agreement that the Respondent would expect VWF to sign.
Review Engagement deliverables including the following:
- examination of VWF records and financial statements to the degree necessary to ensure they meet Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- preparation of CRA Registered Charity Information Return
The successful Respondent, if any, will not at any time before, during or after the compilation of the engagement be permitted to divulge any confidential information communicated to or acquired by the successful Respondent or disclosed by VWF in the course of carrying out the review engagement. The successful Respondent will not be permitted, without the prior written approval of VWF, to use such confidential information for any purpose other than the provision of Review Engagement services for VWF.
Terms of Engagement
The successful Respondent, if any, will be retained to provide a Review Engagement for VWF’s 2017 and 2018 fiscal years, subject to annual appointment by VWF’s Board of Directors. Notwithstanding the foregoing, VWF will reserve the right to terminate the appointment of the successful Respondent at any time if it is not satisfied, in its sole and absolute discretion, with the services being provided by the Respondent.
During the term of the engagement, the successful Respondent’s performance will be assessed on an annual basis.
Address for Service
202-1398 Cartwright Street
Vancouver Writers Fest