The Vancouver Writers Fest strives to create a welcoming space for audience members to engage with ideas that can transform our world. Safety, inclusion and acceptance are essential components of our Festival and each event within.
- Mobility access – all Festival venues are accessible to people using mobility aids.
- Courtesy seating – available for audience members with mobility challenges, physical disabilities, chronic pain or low vision. For further information email email@example.com.
- Hearing impairment assistance – the Festival offers ASL interpretation at events on request. Email firstname.lastname@example.org two weeks prior to the event date to request.
- Ticketing for the community – free or reduced ticket pricing is available to social service or community organizations that are impeded by the cost of the events. Email email@example.com for more information. In addition, we offer reduced ticket prices for seniors and youth under 30.
- School subsidies – full and partial subsidies are available for school groups to assist with ticket and travel costs. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
- Accessible programming – we offer numerous events free of charge including our Incite events, in partnership with the Vancouver Public Library every spring, and our Spreading the Word educational events for students.
- Gender-neutral facilities – we have a gender inclusive washroom policy for all our venues and events.
Creating dialogue has been the heart of our Festival for 30 years.