The Vancouver Writers Fest strives to create a welcoming space for everyone to engage with ideas that can transform our world. Safety, inclusion and acceptance are essential components of our Festival and our values.
- Mobility access – all Festival venues are accessible to people using mobility aids.
- Reduced ticket prices – for seniors and youth under 30.
- Gender-neutral – facilities at all our venues.
- Courtesy seating – for anyone with mobility challenges, physical disabilities or chronic pain.
- Hearing impairment – we provide ASL interpretation at events on request.
- Free or reduced-price – for community organizations and individuals impeded by cost.
- School subsidies – for school groups to assist with ticket and travel costs.
- Free programming – the 2019 Festival offers a full day of free events on Saturday October 26, 2019. In addition, many VWF events are free of charge including our year-round education outreach programs and our Incite series in partnership with the VPL.
For more information on how to access courtesy seating, community ticket pricing, school subsidies, and to request ASL interpretation (two weeks before the event date), please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Creating dialogue has been at the heart of our Festival for over 30 years. We look forward to seeing you at the 2019 Festival!